Monday, August 4, 2008

Tonight's Lesson: Spinning Hook

Tonight I took two classes........yes you read correct 2, as I took family class with the boys & then the Advanced Rank Adults class. This was going to prove to be a mighty humbling experience. Both classes were focused on proper kicking techniques, with primary focus on the spinning hook kick. So for demostration purposes let's watch a well demonstrated hook kick.

When used correctly for board breaks is a very powerful & impressive technique, as demonstrated below:

And finally can be a wickedly effect & punishing Knock Out strike. As witnessed below: Caution not for the faint of heart, so skip viewing this one if you don't wanna see a KO!



Well let's just say that after viewing these clips of well executed spinning hooks, mine looked nothing like those and quite frankly, I would be more likely to hurt myself than anyone else. But Hey, I tried & tried, & tried until I finally did a couple of some what decent ones. Good grief did I feel and look (I'm sure) like a total goof!

The Bright side is:
1. My boys picked right up on the tehnique and had it pretty well down in no time.
2. We did work on the new pattern (Yul-Guk) and we have that basically down. Thanks to Mr Scarborough's patience and help ;-)
So hey, all in all it was a very good night.
blog comments powered by Disqus