Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's getting Closer by the day

Well it's been about a month since the last post and things are progressing very nicely. The boys have learned their Toi-Gye pattern and have the stick drills close. I have struggled a bit with my pattern and stick drills.........you know "Old Dog, New Tricks". But things are progressing, so no complaining here.

Emily Grace is coming along with the Yul-Guk pattern. She really tries hard and that is all I would ever ask or expecting from her.

Testing is this Friday, so we are trying to fine tune things a bit for that. Once Friday comes & goes, it'll be a hard press till National/Worlds in April. That competition is getting close fast, so we don't have time to procrastinate.

Some folks have asked about my weight loss. So, here the scoop. I began in January at 215lbs (ridiculous). Knowing that being in such pitiful shape gave me little to know chance of competing at a higher level in April, I began a focused effort to lose down to a target weight of 185lbs by April 20th. I have incorporated Weights, Running, HIIT, increased stretching along with the standard TKD classes throughout the week at night.

The routine is as follows:
  • Weight training- 3-4 days a week at 4:30am
  • Run 2-3 days during mid-day follwing HIIT program
  • TKD 3-4 nights a week.

The Results by week so far:

  • Week 1: January 23- 215 lbs
  • Week 2: January 30- 211 lbs
  • Week 3: February 6- 204 lbs
  • Week 4: February 13- 202 lbs
  • Week 5: February 20- 200 lbs
  • Week 6: February 27- 198 lbs
  • Week 7: March 6- 196 lbs
  • Week 8: March 13- 194 lbs

Eating habits changed to follow 50-30-20 (protein-carb-fat) eating plan. One day a week I have a cheat day to keep my sanity. Working real well so far.

Hope all has a Fantastic week/month/whatever. Peace to you.

blog comments powered by Disqus