Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Getting down to it

Three more days of training is all that's left. The "Battle by the River" Tournament is Saturday. We are all giving everything we got to perfecting our patterns and improving our sparring skills. In addition to the classes, we are still getting up every morning by 6am to do some sparring drills and to perform our patterns 10 times. I am really impressed with the boys dedication in getting up early before school to do this without complaining. It will pay off for them.

The boys have been getting better with each session thanks to the fine sparring help from some of the higher ranks like Junior Black Belts- Mr Matthew Corliss, Ms Elizabeth Wiggins & Mr Cade Carpenter, the Recommended Black Belts- the Lemons Brothers, Jada & Kera.

I have been sparring with top rank Black Belts since last week. The following Black Belts have really tried to help me out: Mr Wiggins, Mrs Wiggins, Mr Corliss, Mr Perry, Mr Scarborough, & Mr Scott. These folks are top notch and I am greatful for their patience and support.

Emily Grace is coming right along with her Orange Belt Pattern. I am looking forward to seeing how she handles the tourney. She is just so darn cute out there doing her thing.

On a side note, I hurt/twisted my knee last Friday and the silly thing has been a little swollen and stiff ever since. Sure am hoping it will stay together thru training & tourney. My competitive spirit refuses to let it get in the way.

Until the next time, peace to Ya'll.
blog comments powered by Disqus